“By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail” is a famous saying from Benjamin Franklin. No wonder it is an absolute truth.
Knowing what is relevant to their purpose is essential to be effective and working towards a specific goal, and that is how planning plays a significant part. Once you understand the importance of planning, you are ready to work on your personal and professional skills. Also, the same plan will only work out for you at some costs, and you must be prepared for changes too. You must try different approaches to get your desired results.
One such approach to empower employees is the 30-60-90 day plan which gives them the roadmap to reach the final destination with better confidence. Let us know more about this approach.
What Is A 30-60-90 Day Plan?
The 30-60-90 day plan is basically designed for a sturdy onboarding process. For any organization, the onboarding process is crucial. When the onboarding process is smooth, the employees are said to stay up to three years with the same organization, per the statistics.
Also, building the connection between new employees and incorporating the company culture in the initial days may be a little tedious job. That is where a 30-60-90 day plan comes into practice. Having a roadmap for the next three months will help the employee to serve a longer purpose instead of concentrating on the day-to-day tasks.
A 30-60-90 day plan is a record or resource that briefs the goals and objectives for a newbie within the first 90 days. It serves as a tutor, a guideline, and a checklist for your new hires. Earlier it was paper-based, and now, it is mainly on the PowerPoint Presentation side. Simply, it senses the employees and where you want them to go.
Do You Need A 30-60-90-Day Approach?
Consider an organization that newly hires you. Depending on how your firm took the entire selection process, your stages of orientation will be held, and that’s a lot of information for you to accumulate. Starting from your induction, the training sessions, and knowledge transfer, the things going on.
In short, it is an overwhelming process to accumulate all the information on the goal. It may not be obvious and may misalign with the significant purposes of the organization.
With a 30-60-90 day plan in your hand, you can clearly outline your expectations for your employee. As a manager, it’s a valuable resource and tool to help keep the selection process on the button. It can also aid as an accountability tool, one where you can make sure your employees are meeting your expectations.
Hence the 30-60-90 day plan is highly recommended for middle and higher-level management to make things easier.
How Will One Benefit From This Plan?
1. Clear Projection & Goal Oriented:
A clear expectation can take time to set, especially at the beginning of someone’s employment in a new role. But with a 30-60-90 day plan, you can clearly outline your expectations as an employer. When talking about goals has multiple layers,
- Learning Goals: The skills you want to get and the things you want to know.
- Performance Goals: The things you want to bring out in the first 90 days of your new role.
- Personal Goals: It focuses on building a healthy relationship with your co-workers and making your place in the new atmosphere.
- Initiative Goals: It helps to establish your standing as a skilled member of a team.
A 30-60-90 day plan empowers the employees to self-supervise their work. Having a 30-60-90 day plan as part of your orientation strategy allows your employees to build their schedules. It helps them with the roadmap but how they reach the final destination depends on the efforts taken.
3. Priority Based:
With a 30-60-90 day plan, the employees are constantly reminded of their preferences. It is on your employees to manage their priorities effectively.
4. Doors To Improvement:
As a new employee, the strategy will help you overview the practice in an earlier place. Seeing the advantages and disadvantages of these practices, you can find out the opportunities for betterment and develop the best strategies for the near future.
Which Are The Other Areas Of The 30-60-90 Day Plan That Can Be Implemented?
If you think this plan can be used only in an onboarding process, it is not. It can also be implemented in various other dimensions, such as for performance analysis to develop better strategies, plan a project and divide them into several sub-tasks, observation, research, and development areas.
How Will Slide Egg Help You Here?
As I said earlier, this approach was earlier paper and pen based. Later as technology improved and now, it was mostly presented in PowerPoint to the employees. Slide Egg has a separate category for this approach, with plenty of PowerPoint templates that make your work effortless.
The best things about the templates are that they are entirely accessible and editable according to your needs. Sometimes planning can be boring; make it a little attractive with Slide Egg. Still skeptical about how to create a 30-60-90 day plan? Just browse under the category column from Slide Egg, and you are all set to plan your long-term goal with us.
How To Make A 30-60-90 Day Plan?
- First, draft a template of your need to create your 30-60-90 day plan. Get your free templates from Slide Egg.
- Decide and categorize your goals.
- The first 30 days of your new employment or business will revolve around the learning phase.
- Implement your learning from the initial 30 days to understand your responsibility and leadership in the company.
- The final 30 days will be about team leading. Use the knowledge you gained during the first 60 days to strongly lead a team with utmost confidence.
Tips To Take Action
So now you know what a 30-60-90 day plan is, how to create them, how you will benefit from one, and also, as a bonus, you got to know how to get free templates from Slide Egg for your plans. Now all you can do is some feasible action that makes your plan work. Let us see how
- Make the plan short and feasible. Don’t write a ten-page long extended essay plan in the 30-60-90 day plan template.
- Asking questions is a major thing in creating a particular and realistic vision. You Might be a new employee or still in the phase of the interview, don’t hesitate to ask questions. You can ask your middle-level or new co-employees about your company and role. It will help you create clearer priorities in your 30-60-90-day plan.
- Asking questions is mandatory to create a specific and realistic goal. Ask questions irrespective of whether a new employee or still in the phase of selection. Don’t be shy to ask questions. You can ask your superiors or new co-employees about your company and role. It will help you create clearer priorities in your 30-60-90-day plan.
- Avoid any misconception about your plan by making it more particular.
- Track and examine your progress every 30 days. This examination will help you find the gaps in your plans and areas that can be made better.
- Once you have identified the do’s and dont’s in your plan for the initial 30 days, you can make relevant corrections to the schedule for the next 30 days and improve your performance.
- Developing a healthy correlation with your co-workers, clientele, and potential leads is crucial in your 30-60-90-day plan. If you are a new employee, always set major meetings with your managers, colleagues, clients, potential leads, etc. You will get a fair share of experience this way.
Bringing this to a close, the first three months of your new job are the most persuading and need more of you. Hence, adapt to your new career with this 30-60-90 day approach as your gateway and meet the new challenges.
A 30-60-90 day PowerPoint template created with attention to the brief will assist you in making your baby steps in your firm. It will also help you quickly transform yourself into a new role. It is an opportunity to display your skills and bring value to the company.
Learning new work roles and getting into them in just three months is a challenging task to do. But with our 30-60-90 day plan guidelines, you are all set to face the responsibilities in your new job role. Make use of free templates from Slide Egg and start planning.
Hustle hard; Hassle-free when you plan right!