Have you ever heard the word “Google Slides”?
Did you think what it is about? Follow this script to get more info about Google Slides.
Google Slides is a web-based presentation program provided by Google as part of Google Workspace. It provides users with a simple platform for creating, editing, and sharing presentations online.
Google Slides are very impactful to tell a story through captive images, and it helps to create a lasting impression on people.
Google Slides allows individuals and teams to collaborate in real-time, making it a popular choice for creating and delivering presentations for online resource people.
How many of you failed to create a stunning presentation in the crowd? Don’t worry about it. There are many platforms to create Google Slides readymade for free or cost. Slide Egg provides a variety of Google Slides for their visitors.
Benefits of adding video in Google Slides
The video is the power to capture the audience and the capability to retain attention from static content. It helps to demonstrate the story by sharing tutorials or presenting real-life examples, to understand better and connect clearly with others.
Insert your video so collaborators can view, discuss, and provide feedback on video content directly within the slides, streamlining the collaboration process.
You have the advantage of editing and sharing your presentation in real-time. This feature empowers you to work alongside others, making simultaneous edits and updates. The result is enhanced collaboration, increased productivity, and a unified approach to the project.
Google Slides allows you to change the aspect ratio between 16:9 (widescreen), 16:10, and 4:3, and you can customize the video depending on your presentation screen needs.
By leveraging the benefits of video in Google Slides, you can create more engaging, informative, and visually compelling presentations that leave a lasting impact on your audience.
How to Insert Your Video in Google Slides
1. Open your Google Slides presentation in your web browser.
2. Navigate to the slide where you want to insert the video.
3. Click on the Insert menu at the top of the page.
4. From the dropdown menu, select Video.
5. You will see several options for adding a video:
6. a. “Google Drive” – If your video is stored in your Google Drive, you can select this option and browse your Drive to find the video file.
7. b. “By URL” – If your video is hosted on a website like YouTube or Vimeo, you can paste the URL of the video in the box provided.
8. c. “From Google Photos” – If your video is stored in your Google Photos, you can select this option and choose the video from your Photos library.
9. d. “Upload” – You can choose this option to upload a video file from your computer.
10. Depending on the option you choose, follow the prompts to locate the video file or provide the URL.
11. Once you have selected or uploaded the video, you can adjust its size and position on the slide by dragging and resizing the video box.
12. You can also set the video to play automatically or when clicked by selecting the video and using the options in the toolbar that appears.
13. After you have finished adding the video, you can play it within the presentation by selecting the slide in the editing mode and clicking the play button that appears on the video.
Things to Remember
When presenting the slides, you will need an internet connection to play online videos from websites like YouTube or Vimeo. If you want to play a video offline, you can upload the video file to Google Drive and then insert it into your presentation.
After inserting your video into presentation slides, you can edit the level of brightness and contrast to avoid dark spots in your presentation. It enhances the visibility and overall quality of the video.
Select the video on your slide. Then, click on the “Format options” button that appears above the video. A sidebar will open on the right side of the screen with various formatting options.
If you have multiple videos on a slide and want to apply the same formatting to all of them, you can do so by selecting all the videos at once and adjusting the formatting options. You can save time and ensure consistency across your presentation.
Wrapping It Up
Google Slides presentation is a straightforward procedure that can elevate your overall presentation quality. We hope this script has been helpful and that you are now comfortable adding videos to your Google Slides presentations. By adhering to the instructions provided in this script, you can effortlessly add a video to your presentation and ensure seamless playback when delivering your presentation.